:: Re: [DNG] voice notifying - how to …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Irrwahn
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] voice notifying - how to turn off
On Mon, 23 May 2016 12:37:34 +0200, Emninger wrote:
> All of a sudden i'm getting many notifying msgs as voice msg as well
> (also all i do in synaptic or sakura may be even other programs). Now,
> i'd like to know, which is the standard notify daemon for devuan and if
> it can eventually turned off/removed (and be substituted bei dunst)?

That, again, depends (at least to some degree) on the desktop
environment you are using. E.g. for Xfce it's xfce4-notifyd.

The package notification-daemon is provided by the following
packages. A quick look in aptitude reveals (WARNING: my list
contains also non-Jessie versions!):

  --\ Versions of notification-daemon (19)
p    xfce4-notifyd 0.2.4-3
i    xfce4-notifyd 0.2.4-3+b1
p A  0.7.6-2
p    notify-osd 0.9.34-2
p    notify-osd 0.9.35+15.04.20150126-1
p    lxqt-notificationd 0.10.0-2
p    python-jarabe 0.106.1-1
p    dunst 1.1.0-1
p    dunst 1.1.0-2
p    mate-notification-daemon 1.8.1-3
p    mate-notification-daemon 1.12.1-1
p    cinnamon 2.2.16-5
p    cinnamon 2.8.7-1
p    cinnamon 3.0.2-2
p    gnome-shell 3.18.1-1
i A  3.20.0-1
p    gnome-shell 3.20.2-1
p    plasma-widgets-workspace 4:4.11.13-2
p    plasma-workspace 4:5.4.3-2

> Or, otherwise, how to turn off the voice notifying.

I assume that would depend on the actual notification daemon
currently installed. Not really sure, though.

HTH, Regards
Urban