:: Re: [DNG] Evince
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Evince
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 07:45:40AM +0200, emninger@??? wrote:
> Being on my way to adapt my (jwm/fluxbox) setup to what i had before on
> slackware, i stumbled into this: Devuan comes with evince by default.
> Now, i installed epdfviewer which says in its description:
>
> "Lightweight pdf viewer based on poppler libs
> The aim of ePDFView is to make a simple PDF document viewer, in the
> lines of Evince but without using the GNOME libraries. "
>
> Shouldn't that be the default pdf-viewer devuan comes with? Since as i
> understand it, the "evil" are the gnome dependencies (?)

Evince is evil and insane. #721783 is one of many regressions. You want
atril for a fork of evince from before its upstream went completely bonkers.
It's still gnomey but to a far more acceptable degree.

As for epdfview, it's gone from jessie and higher, #710550:
ROM; unmaintained, abandonned upstream

An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.