:: Re: [DNG] sudo or su?
Top Pagina
Auteur: R. W. Rodolico
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] sudo or su?
The big thing for me about Ubuntu, etc... is not the fact they use sudo
a lot, it is that by default they do not allow root login at all. If the
/home partition has problems, you must login as a user, then sudo to
root, then attempt to dismount /home and work on it, which will not work
since /home has files open (since you logged in as a user with a home
directory in /home). So, I have to boot off some other media to do
repair work on /home (or fix the login)

sudo vs su is an interesting decision to make, but not allowing root
login is a matter of too much security to get your job done.

Rod