:: Re: [DNG] xpdf needs to uninstall l…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Florian Zieboll
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] xpdf needs to uninstall lxde and lxde-desktop-tasks !?!
On Sun, 22 May 2016 17:12:35 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> Anyone here knows, why the hell the installation of xpdf (in devuan)
> needs to deinstall lxde and lxde-desktop-tasks?
>
> (...)
>
> dependency spiderweb

No spiderwebs or other dust here... (Jessie):

| root@nulldevice:~# apt-get install xpdf lxde task-lxde-desktop
| Reading package lists... Done
| Building dependency tree
| Reading state information... Done
| lxde is already the newest version.
| The following extra packages will be installed:
| libmotif-common libxm4
| Recommended packages:
| lxlauncher gnome-orca gsfonts-x11
| The following NEW packages will be installed:
| libmotif-common libxm4 task-lxde-desktop xpdf
| 0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
| Need to get 1,211 kB of archives.
| After this operation, 3,705 kB of additional disk space will be used.
| Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

BTW, I feel kind of stupid to answer troubleshooting requests that don't
include any error messages (which often state quite clearly what the
actual problem is).

> in debian there way more dependencies excluding reasonable options
> than really necessary

That's probably true. AFAIK the decision about dependants /
recommends / suggests is up to the respective package maintainers.

Florian