:: Re: [DNG] some problems with login …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: emninger
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] some problems with login after fresh install of jessie
Am Thu, 19 May 2016 15:46:15 +0000
schrieb Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???>:

> > When i boot the (slim) login window come up (with F1 i am able to
> > see the 3 available xsessions (lxde, openbox, jwm; the latter added
> > after the installation). But none of this options starts. username +
> > password make disappear the login window, but the screen remains
> > with yellow or green background of the slim theme.
>

> Hallo Emninger,
>
> I just installed JWM (next to DWM and LXDE) and can not confirm your
> problem: slim automagically finds and includes it into its F1 session
> "menu". After login, JWM loads as expected. Did you have a look
> into /var/log/slim.log?
>
> Florian

Just to clarify, happens the same with lightdm. The slim.log file, i
deleted the old one, so it's a fresh on, just after hanging, says:

----
slim: unexpected signal 15

slim: waiting for X server to shut down

slim: waiting for X server to begin accepting connections.
----

The F1 session choice is there for me as well, but it does not bring me
anywhere (only the empty yellow window).

Just guessing in the dark: I installed lilo as a booloader (not