:: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid/netman conn…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: fsmithred
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid/netman connection info
Hi fsmithred,

Quote: "Is the connection information in simple-netaid/netman still stored under
/etc/network/wifi, or has that changed?"

Yes, /etc/network/wifi is still used to store wifi connection
information. The files will still store eth0 and wlan0 as network
devices. These are substituted by the actual device on the system when
a connection attempt is made by backend. The idea is to allow for
network devices with names other than wlan0 and eth0. Please, be
informed these 'changes' are stored in /run/simple-netaid which is a
RAM based filesystem and is therefore volatile.

eth0 and wlan0 are only placeholders which could have been substituted
with other strings but there was no need as eth0 and wlan0 clearly
refer to network devices.

Now, for minimal systems you can also use simple-netaid-lightweight.
This is all programmed in C with the GUI using GTK+2. The GUI is not
as shiny and elaborate as simple-netaid-gui (Lazarus Pascal). If you
decide to use it, please inform me what you think should be added. I
will make my best provided the task is within my reach.

If you have other questions feel free to ask.

Edward