:: Re: [DNG] JWM: was Some questions r…
Página Principal
Autor: Irrwahn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] JWM: was Some questions re the devuan release
On Fri, 20 May 2016 08:04:07 +1000, Ozi Traveller wrote:
> +1
>
> As a jwm user I would really like to see it brought up to date.

Please excuse me for nitpicking here once again:

The De[bi|vu]an jwm package *is* up to date. The only thing
that'd need to be changed (dropped in this case) is a patch
that makes some trivial cosmetic changes to the example.jwmrc
file. And that'd only serve to relieve the end-user of the
burden of applying some miniscule edits to his jwmrc
configuration file.

I suspect it would have taken me less time to do just that,
than it took me to type this message — if only I had the
skills necessary to maintain a deb package. (Maybe I just
have to dive into the domain of packaging. After all, the
Devuan project's bus factor is still alarmingly low!)

Also note, that a fork would most likely not affect Devuan
Jessie, since (approaching beta2) it is far too late to
introduce non-bugfix changes, I assume.

Best regards
Urban