:: Re: [DNG] Artistic decisions - keyb…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Irrwahn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Artistic decisions - keyboard mappings
On Thu, 19 May 2016 12:03:57 -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
<snip>
> I would love a wayy to diable CAPSLOCK entirely. The few times I
> actually need it I can hold the shift key down, but turing caps lock on
> is a cocmmon typo for 'a'. It I'm in mutt (as I am now) that has
> serious consequences.

You mean something like this:

setxkbmap -option caps:none

That's definitely better than popping out the key
cap, which I did to numerous keyboards in the past. :)

Another additional trick I found useful to still have
a caps lock function available, but with a lot less
intrusive or dangerous activation pattern:

setxkbmap -option shift:both_capslock

With that you can toggle caps lock by pressing both
shift keys simultaneously.

As already mentioned in another message, I make use
of the now dead CAPSLOCK key by assigning to it the
compose key functionality:

setxkbmap -option compose:caps

Regards
Urban