:: Re: [DNG] Suggestions for a tiny X1…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Suggestions for a tiny X11 server
On Thu, 19 May 2016 12:55:28 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> together with a
> *minimal* WM (which might well be DWM or JWM)

In the preceding choice (DWM vs JWM), I recommend JWM. Dwm is a tiled
window manager, and a lot of people go to pieces when confronted with a
tiled window manager.

Either way, I strongly recommend you include dmenu, and publicize the
hotkey to invoke it. And I suggest you have a help procedure, and
publicize the key to view help on the desktop, like this:

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201406/images/f1_wp.png

Not pretty, but pretty much guarantees that anyone can step up to the
keyboard and use it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21