:: [DNG] some problems with login afte…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: emninger
To: dng
Oggetto: [DNG] some problems with login after fresh install of jessie
Hi! To make a long story short: Because of lots of overheating problems
with an amd64 based Samsung notebook, which made any reliable woking
impossible, i decided to downgrade to jessie (from ascii) with a fresh
install.

So far that worked fine. I chose as desktop lxde (and unticked Devuan
default = xfce). Then i installed immediatel fglrx and now the
overheating indeed is solved. Among some other, small issues, i have a
bigger one with the login.

When i boot the (slim) login window come up (with F1 i am able to see
the 3 available xsessions (lxde, openbox, jwm; the latter added after
the installation). But none of this options starts. username +
password make disappear the login window, but the screen remains with
yellow or green background of the slim theme.

Going to a console and logging in as root and doing then a startx
starts the lxde desktop. As user i can login to and start a desktop,
but i have to create a .xinitrc with, e.g., the line:
'exec jwm'. Then the jwm desktop comes up. (This tells me, the
evironment and shell paths are set correctly (?).

I also tried, just to understand, if it's eventually a slim related
problem, with lightdm. But the problem remains identically, lightdm
shows the available sessions, but does not start them after the login.

May be someone has an idea where the error is (?). .xinit or the
xsessions?

Thanks a lot in advance!