:: Re: [DNG] Artistic decisions - keyb…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Artistic decisions - keyboard mappings
Hi Joel,

I wouldn't exactly call you suggestions 'artistic'. Maybe slightly 'sadistic'? :)

Subject: [DNG] Artistic decisions - keyboard mappings
To: dng@???
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 7:13 PM

> I wonder if Devuan community is ready to support action on
> other scourges of the linux on personal computer ecosystem.

A judgment of 'scourge' is very subjective.

> I am thinking specifically of three key mapping bugaboos:
>
> 1) CAPSLOCK key under console and X, should be mapped to Control
>
>    This mapping is compatible with most server
>    administrators preferences, prevents capslock-related mode
>    problems in vim.

I never have and probably never will use vim so makes no diff to me . . . unless this suggestion would screw something else up.

> 2) Terminate X via Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
>
> Seems like an easy, useful, historic way to kill a malfunctioning X.

My X has not misbehaved since trying to configure an Nvidia card on squeeze years ago. But never know when this might come in handy.

> 3) Disable Print key
>
> All my uses have been unintentional. Does anyone use it deliberately?

Yes! I have it mapped to launch screenshots and use it often!

> My other wishlist items are:
>
> 4) No display manager by default
>
> I think the community shouldn't coocoon naive users from
> the console. yada, yada

I may be naive but I can go on happily for days without opening a terminal and weeks/months without getting into the console. Being a lousy typist, I much prefer point and click but can do the nerdy stuff if needed (and only if needed). ;)

Which brings up a question . . . is REISUB enabled by default in devuan?

golinux