Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] ..booting an old Sid->Ceres past runlevel 1... no login joy
On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:24:23 +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

[about booting a system after Debian\Sid to Devuan\Ceres transition]

> ..now having thrown out all the systemd crud I see mentioned here at
> DNG, I'm still left with runlevel 1, the damned thin will only accept
> root's passwd on the console, I can start and run ssh and X etc all
> day, and it works all nice except I have my password rejected once I
> try a login.
>

> ..exactly how is a Devuan boot supposed to work these days?
> And what systemd crud could could my logins?
> And what logs do I check these days?
>
> ..last time I had this laptop this bogged down, I simply wiped
> /etc/rc2.d/ clean and made it lean, does anyone have a lean
> Devuan machine so I can see /etc/rcS.d/ and /etc/rc2.d/ listings?

Hi Arnt,

below you find the output of ls /etc/rc[S2].d, created
using one of the unofficial minimal Devuan Jessie beta
images posted on DNG a few days ago.

However, with all due respect, just wiping the thing
and doing a genuine Devuan install might save you a lot
of headache. Just thinking.

Regards
Urban

/etc/rc2.d: