:: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discu…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discussion on the linux-elitists lists
On Tue, 17 May 2016 14:11:49 +0200
Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2016, emninger@??? wrote:
>
> > Am Mon, 16 May 2016 13:41:14 +0000
> > schrieb dev <devuan.2@???>:

> > Please do not take my question wrong (probably i am missing
> > something): If it's that way, how can devuan then rely on debian as
> > for packages etc.? At least in a forseeable future ... ?
>
> we really are a *fork*. We are going to slowly but steadily detach
> ourselves from Debian, starting from the things they break.

This is good information. I didn't know the ultimate goal was to
detach, and I'm glad to hear that it is. And I applaud you for taking
it slowly and viewing it as a process, not an action.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21