:: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discu…
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discussion on the linux-elitists lists
On Tue, 17 May 2016 09:15:08 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 09:44:35PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[snip Steve Litt's anti-Debian community rant]

> It might be due to my natural attitude, which forbids me from spitting
> into the same plate I have been eating until 2 minutes ago, but I
> can't say that I ever felt so bad in the Debian community, until maybe
> 2013.

The preceding sentence is consistent with my experience. I didn't
start using Debian until February 2014.

> Debian has made a massive contribution to the Free Software community,
> and we shouldn't forget that without Debian we would not be here.

Once upon a time, Debian was the guarantor that big money wouldn't
kidnap GNU/Linux. I wrote about that, last century:

http://troubleshooters.com/tpromag/199906/_debian.htm

Debian did a fine job of guaranteeing the freeness of GNU/Linux. I
think that mantle has been passed to Devuan.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21