:: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discu…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discussion on the linux-elitists lists
On Tue, 17 May 2016, emninger@??? wrote:

> Am Mon, 16 May 2016 13:41:14 +0000
> schrieb dev <devuan.2@???>:
>
> > Very well spoken. Debian leadership has demonstrated it's disinterest
> > in remaining "Free". There is another motive driving Debian
> > development now and Systemd will end up being the core of Debian. To
> > remove it will only mean uninstalling the entirety of the distro
> > itself.
>
> Please do not take my question wrong (probably i am missing something):
> If it's that way, how can devuan then rely on debian as for packages
> etc.? At least in a forseeable future ... ?

we really are a *fork*. We are going to slowly but steadily detach
ourselves from Debian, starting from the things they break.

We are still weak now on the planning, considering Debian can make
priorities for us. However in future we'll focus more on Devuan as a
*base* distro, trying to develop a much better attitude towards
upstream and downstream. Applying some lessons learned in Debian's
governance, we shall see a lot of improvement on these regards.

ciao