Til: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Brief OpenRC/Jessie Discussion on the linux-elitists lists
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 09:44:35PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> What I'm about to say is barely germane to what you two both said, but
> I'll say it anyway.
>
> I *never* felt comfortable in the Debian community, even before the
> "systemd thing". Those people were mean. They were arrogant. I'm not
> talking about the DDs, I'm talking of the rank and file. Never has any
> single mailing list generated so many entries in my .procmailrc. They'd
> spend days and days on threads putting each other down for stuff having
> nothing to do with Debian or Linux. They'd white-glove critique the
> questioning of newbies who just needed to get their computers running.
> They'd flame the daylights out of you, and then just before their
> signature they'd say "Cheers". Saaaay whaaat?

It might be due to my natural attitude, which forbids me from spitting
into the same plate I have been eating until 2 minutes ago, but I
can't say that I ever felt so bad in the Debian community, until maybe
2013.

Debian has made a massive contribution to the Free Software community,
and we shouldn't forget that without Debian we would not be here.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]