:: Re: [Libbitcoin] Proper handling af…
Top Pagina
Auteur: mlmikael
Aan: Eric Voskuil
CC: libbitcoin
Onderwerp: Re: [Libbitcoin] Proper handling after unexpected shutdown?
I queried Eric off-list about LB's design goals in respect of risk for
segfault.

Eric clarified that LB is intended to never cause a segfault, however,
that is presuming that the database file has integrity -

LB has mature logics for handling database file read and write failure,
but it does not necessarily handle corrupt database file data well -
database file corruption could, apart from gracefully handled exception,
also lead to insidious incorrect value, failure to validate a block,
segfault, and thread lockup, all of which Eric has seen.

Therefore, given that your CPU&RAM&controllers & other software are all
in integrity, for LB to be in a "safe spot" you also need the
*underlying filesystem* to implement strong data integrity guarantees.