:: [DNG] JWM Package worth the effort?…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: [DNG] About subject lines
Onderwerp: [DNG] JWM Package worth the effort? was About subject lines
On Mon, 16 May 2016 11:31:11 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> PS. You didn't answer if it would be a reasonable effort to create a
> JWM based desktop as an option for devuan ... :)

I don't have an opinion on that. If I really loved JWM to death, I
might make such a package. Or I might just compile from upstream source.

I guess I'd respond like this: If there are one or two Devuanians who
love JWM, they're better off compiling from upstream source. If there
are five or ten JWM-loving Devuanians, better to make a package.

I'm not really a JWM-lover, because I usually don't need a panel, and
when I do, LXDE is good enough. The reason I choose LXDE over JWM is
that LXDE does Alt+Tab like Bill Gates set it up (win95 was an
incredible in its human engineering), whereas JWM does it in a way that
screws me up.

But of course, if I were ever to set up a GUI computer that used 128MB
RAM, you'd better believe I'd use JWM. And there's something so
Army-Surplus countercultural about JWM!

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21