:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on RPi2
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: info at smallinnovations.nl
To: parazyd
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Devuan on RPi2
On 16-05-16 15:59, parazyd wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2016, info at smallinnovations.nl wrote:
>
>> I spended today some time to setup a Devuan version from my webradio on a
>> RPi2 and have 3 remarks.
>>
>>      - had to add module snd_bcm2835 manually
>>      - had to add alsa manually
>>      - icecast2 asks for configuration parameters but does not save them (is
>> most likely not Devuan related but ask here to be sure)

>> More people this experience?
> It's meant to be very minimal. If you want to autoload the kernel
> modules, it's as easy as putting them into /etc/modules
>
> Icecast on De*an does behave strange, even in my experience. In my case,
> I remember having to edit the initscript itself.

Very minimal is fine with me but the RPi2 has only one soundmodule to
choose from so default install would be usefull imho.
Alsa is another story because you can choose between alsa, pulseaudio
and jack so i do not mind it is not installed by default.

Icecast2 indeed behaves weird on De*an. With installation it asks to
configure source-password, relay-password and admin-password but
afterwards you have to edit them manually in /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml
again. And you have to enable icecast2 by manually editing
/etc/default/icecast2.

Grtz (c) ;-)

Nick