:: [DNG] apt pinning vs. Default-Relea…
Góra strony
Autor: Florian Zieboll
Dla: [DNG]
Temat: [DNG] apt pinning vs. Default-Release (was: Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue 83)
On Sun, 15 May 2016 22:54:33 -0400
". fsmithred" <fsmithred@???> wrote:

> Florian,
>
> Thanks! I tried pinning backports like that a few weeks ago, and it
> didn't work. I thought it was due to changes in the way pinning is
> done. I don't think I ever would have figured that one out on my own.
> Does the pinning work properly if you remove 00defaultrelease? I
> can't test this right now, but I will do it in a few days.
>
> -fsr

Hallo fsr,

I'll reply to the list as well, hope that's fine... Yes indeed, the
[APT::Default-Release "jessie";] line seems to suppress apt pinning. My
first thought had been, that amprolla / the merging workflow somehow
interferes with pinning, but after a second of alarm I verified that my
desktop, which runs a similar configuration, has only manually selected
backports installed.

I also had tried to get backports from another mirror and pin by
"origin", to no avail. Further experiments fell prey to the lucky fact
that I remembered (and found) your apt related mail ;)

IIU apt_perferences(5) correctly, the "Default-Release" preference was
intended to play together with a "NotAutomatic: yes" entry in the
repository's release file (see section "APT's Default Priority
Assignments"), but I'm still not sure if its impact on pinning is a bug
or not.

Florian