:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: David Hare
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie Beta Live Minimal
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 01:15:40PM +0100, David Hare wrote:
> KatolaZ, FYI, I noticed your iso has empty /dev and a patched
> /usr/share/initramfs-tools/init (and uses an older
> refracta-snapshot)..
>
> That patch was a workaround in refracta-snapshot for bug(s) which only
> last week got officially noted. The original file is still there but
> renamed (this only affected live systems).

> The problem *seems* sorted with the latest live-boot and
> live-bootiinitramfs-tools in unstable, although the original cause
> appears to be a change in util-linux 2.25 ..
>
> It was anyway previously recommended to use live-* from unstable, even
> if you run stable

Thanks a lot for the report David.

If this is not a massive issue (i.e., if it does not introduce
problems to the users of the minimal images), I would like the minimal
images to use exactly the same packages we have in the repo, so that
if it's a Jessie live, it would use only packages from Jessie. This is
just to avoid dependency problems while building those images (and, to
be honest, I have always had a personal idiosyncracy against mixing
different repos...).

I am now in the process of freezing and pushing the work I have done
so far with the current version that uses refractasnapshot. Then I
will produce an updated set of images which include much more stuff
for the same price (96 MB of RAM, less than 250 MB of space).

At the moment I am also considering other alternatives, e.g. using
live-build on a debootsrapped chroot. This would save a good amount of
space on the minimal image, would simplify the whole process, and
would make it easier to customise things and to produce minimal live
images also for the testing branch (ascii). But it will probably
require a few days of spare time (or a couple of dreamless nights...)
:)

TTYL

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]