:: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue…
Página Principal
Autor: Irrwahn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 20, Issue 83
On Sun, 15 May 2016 15:39:03 +0200, Emninger wrote:
> Am Sun, 15 May 2016 12:00:01 +0000
> schrieb Irrwahn <irrwahn@???>:
> [...]
>
>> As I already mentioned in an earlier message, I need the
>> non-free catalyst fglrx driver, which for reasons beyond my
>> knowledge is currently not available in neither testing nor
>> unstable. So I pull that one from Jessie.

<snip>

> Just one practical question: I notice the fglrx problem as well. How
> can i add it to my repositories? Reactivating Jessie?
>
> There would be the way to download it manually from the debian site and
> install with gdebi or apt, wouldn't it?

In principle, I see (at least) three viable ways.

First option would be the one you mentioned: Manually download
the Jessie packages (it's more than one!). I consider this the
most messy and least convenient method.

The second method would be to leave both Jessie and Ascii in
sources.list. However, to make this foolproof one might have
to additionally edit the apt preferences file, hence digging
down the apt-pinning rabbit hole. This option has the charm
that you could leave it that way and benefit pick the best of
both releases. However, I'm afraid I'd probably mess up big
time, if I tried to lead you trough this from just the top of
my head, right now.

The third method (which I would prefer) starts out like #2,
but after you installed the fglrx drivers you would disable
(comment out) the Jessie repositories again.

I think the last one is the easiest and safest way to get the
drivers. A perfectionist could argue, that additionally one
should leave enabled the non-free branch of jessie-security
to be on the safe side. But I guess now I started nit-picking
at a subatomic level. :P

TL;DR:
Enable Jessie; install fglrx et al.; disable Jessie; cigar. :D

> TIA & have a nice sunday :)

You are very welcome, and the same to you. :)

Regards
Urban