:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gregory Nowak
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie Beta Live Minimal
On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 12:56:53AM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> I don't know whether you are correct or not :) It includes all the
> drivers shipped with the standatrd Devuan kernel (including alsa), but
> being a minimal image it does not have alsa-utils or other
> sound-related amenities (yet!).
>
> More info and package lists can be found here:
>
> http://devuan.kalos.mine.nu

Ok, I'll take a look at that.

> Since the new images have now been stripped down further, thanks to
> the suggestion of using xz for the squashfs, I am now considering
> proposals for potential additions. I already have in the wishlist fbi,
> fbterm, mc, and a few more ncurses and fb-based utils, but including a
> basic support for sound might not be a bad idea, indeed.

If besides basic sound support you can also add espeak/espeak-data,
and espeakup, that should give speakup users another accessible livecd
choice,
assuming it is possible to boot this into a text console. I'll throw
in brltty as well if I may.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net