:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: Gregory Nowak
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie Beta Live Minimal
On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 04:48:32PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 09:25:10PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> > OK guys, I am happy to announce that after having put the default
> > initramfs on a strict diet (basically, removing useless modules and
> > libraries unnecessary at boot), the unofficial minimal live is able to
> > boot on just 96 MB of RAM :)
>
> Exactly how minimal is this image? Am I correct that it doesn't
> include alsa/OSS drivers and utilities?

I don't know whether you are correct or not :) It includes all the
drivers shipped with the standatrd Devuan kernel (including alsa), but
being a minimal image it does not have alsa-utils or other
sound-related amenities (yet!).

More info and package lists can be found here:

http://devuan.kalos.mine.nu

but please consider that those images still require 256 MB of RAM to
boot (I have not yet uploaded the new images, which boot with 80 MB on
i386 and 96MB on amd64).

Since the new images have now been stripped down further, thanks to
the suggestion of using xz for the squashfs, I am now considering
proposals for potential additions. I already have in the wishlist fbi,
fbterm, mc, and a few more ncurses and fb-based utils, but including a
basic support for sound might not be a bad idea, indeed.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]