:: Re: [DNG] Some questions re the dev…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Some questions re the devuan release
On Sat, 14 May 2016 21:37:27 +0200
<emninger@???> wrote:

> Am Sat, 14 May 2016 19:21:29 +0000
> schrieb Steve Litt <slitt@???>:
>
> > > In Voidlinux, wpa_supplicant is
> > > started as a hook of dhcpcd ...

> > Yeah, what's up with that nonsense? And then the hook isn't enabled
> > by default, so you have to either ask, do 3 hours searching
> > contradictory web info, or do 6 hours tracing obscure scripts.
> >
> > I sure hope Devuan does a better job of the relationship between
> > dhcpcd and wpa_supplicant.
>
> I absolutely agree and that's the reason why i gave up with them :):)

LOL, I did what I always do when slapped in the face with
distro-nonsense: I rolled my own. In runit I started both dhcpcd and
wpa_supplicant as daemons, but for dhcpcd I had an "if wpa_cli ping"
statement, in the run file, to guarantee that dhcpcd would start AFTER
wpa_supplicant is functioning. Works in most cases. On one computer I
needed to shut off the wired Ethernet beforehand. Still easier than
fathoming distro nonsense.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21