:: Re: [DNG] Some questions re the dev…
Góra strony
Autor: . fsmithred
Dla: emninger
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Some questions re the devuan release
Stick with the repos that are in sources.list plus backports if you need it.

This guide will answer a lot of your questions about how to do things in
debian/devuan.

Yes, you can compile a package from source, but any time I've done this, I
do not run 'make-install' so that system files don't get replaced. It's
better to create your own debian package. I'm having touble searching
forums.debian.net right now, but in the howto section, there are some
explanations of how to create a debian package from source. If you do that,
the package manager will be aware of what you installed.

To upgrade from jessie to ascii, you can do the following:

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

If there are any kernel upgrade (linux-image) in the previous, you should
reboot.

Then edit sources.list to replace "jessie" with "ascii"

Then

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade # I think this step is optional, but maybe a little safer.
apt-get dist-upgrade

I usually reboot at this point, but I'm not sure it's necessary here.

Then install the newer kernel. It does not automatically happen with the
dist-upgrade.

Then you must reboot.

-fsr