:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: David Hare
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie Beta Live Minimal
On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 01:25:02PM +0100, David Hare wrote:
> The standard Debian initrd has grown enormously since the days of squeeze..
>
> The devuan-minimal iso's initrd is 27.1 MB gzip-compressed, 18.6
> xz-compressed and.. 186.1MB unpacked!

Yep, that is the main problem, indeed. I am currently trying to
identify the culprits. It seems that after all the actual set of
modules included in the initrams are not resposnible for all that
space. I will pin down the useless stuff, hopefully :)

> Far as I know it's freed after switch_root but I assume the point here
> is what to do for very low-ram systems..

Well, I believe that most of the standard stuff in the initramfs can
be discarded in our specific case. I will keep you posted.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]