:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live im…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan live images
Le 13/05/2016 22:39, KatolaZ a écrit :
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 07:31:28PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
>> Steve, I cannot (and I don't want to) make any assumption on behalf of
>> potential users of a minimal live system :) The initramfs contains all
>> the modules shipped with the standard Devuan kernel, that's why it is
>> so fat. In fact, "du -ch /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel" says that
>> those sum up to 159 MB, which account for most of the space required
>> by the initramfs.
>>
> Anyway, I have just started working on stripping down the
> initramfs. This will probably go on an "experimental" branch, and I
> will need people to test the resulting images on as many hw
> configurations as possible. I will keep you posted, hopefully with
> good news :)
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

     If the live OS is running only in the initramfs, then it is
necessary to keep all the modules. If it is running from a partition of
the USB stick, then the only modules needed in the initramfs are those
necessary to mount the partition of the USB stick.

     Didier