:: Re: [DNG] but I lose it once I log …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] but I lose it once I log in

Subject: Re: [DNG] but I lose it once I log in
To: "Go Linux" <golinux@???>
Date: Friday, May 13, 2016, 9:34 PM

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:11:16PM +0000, Go Linux wrote:
> On Fri, 5/13/16, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: [DNG] but I lose it once I log in
> To: dng@???
> Date: Friday, May 13, 2016, 2:06 PM
>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 02:17:50PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

>> > I'm getting light purple on the login screen, but not in xfce. Could
>> > it xfce is still depending on an systemd-ism that isn't there in
>> > order to talk to itself?

>> Do you have the purpy background(s) in /use/share/backgrounds? You can get them here:
>>
>> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/desktop-base/tree/master/backgrounds
>>
>> Then select the one that best fits you screen size from the desktop settings.

> All I have in /usr/share/backgrounds is an xfce directory. It has
> only one background, which *is* one of the backgrounds that the xfce
> settings tool offers me. Even when I pick it I instead get a plain green
> background, which is *not* on the list of offered backgrounds.
>
> Even when I ask for a solid single-colout and specify the colour, it
> ignores me and instead gives me a solid green background.
>
> So it looks as the problem lies elsewhere. Once I get the background
> to conform to the settings tool, perhaps it will be time to find and
> install purpy.
>
> My guess is that xfce is relying on some other tool to set the
> background colour, and that other tool isn't there.
>

> -- hendrik

Something is fubared for sure. Setting backgrounds has always worked ootb for me on Xfce even when they were in various locations. Why don't you boot the refracta unofficial-devuan-live iso and see if you can change the bg there:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/unofficial_devuan_live/

If that works, it's something specific to your setup.

golinux