:: [DNG] Some questions re the devuan …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: emninger
To: dng
Neue Treads: [DNG] JWM: was Some questions re the devuan release
Betreff: [DNG] Some questions re the devuan release
Finally i succeeded in installing devuan to this odd samsung ultrabook
(it's nice but beeing amd based it's getting crazily hot with the
standard free video drivers) and now i have some questions:

Is there a place where to ask "dumb" questions (let's say, simple user
related). I don't want to disturb the experts in their
discussions ... ?

Some considerations and suggestions regard the installer iso:

1) May be it would be good to declare in the installer windows that the
devuan desktop is xfce based.

2) I love it's using slim (and not lightdm) as default login manager.

3) May be for wireless there could be used some wpa_supplicant based
tool (like ceni e.g.)? In any case wicd is way better and less
intrusive than nm.

4) As for the desktop: On another machine i use Manjaro JWM Open-RC -
and from a functional (and esthetical!) point of view it's marvellous.
Why not as default desktop for Devuan? If you add a nice conky for
controlling and checking the system performance and net activities and
the confortable configuration tool it is as handy as any standard DE
but way way lighter.

Ok, not a critic at all, just my 2c as a suggestion.

Cheers and thanks for the good work!

Ah, i forgot: Is there a way to get a more advanced kernel? Or would
that break philosophy and setup?