:: Re: [DNG] Keep the friendsofdevuan …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Keep the friendsofdevuan site or not?
On Fri, 13 May 2016 13:20:44 +0100
David Harrison <david@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just had a renewal notice for friendsofdevuan.org. Nothing
> expensive, and I can just let it sit there, but the email set me
> thinking...
>
> Is it worth keeping a friends-of site? It was mildly useful while
> Devuan had a single-page site, but that's no longer the state of
> affairs. Nice people posted various how-tos on installation and
> configuration, but of those posts must be obsolete now the beta is
> out.
>
> What purpose might an unofficial site like friendsof serve? I was
> thinking of user artwork, the more experimental
> don't-try-this-at-home-kids tutorials, unofficial mirror lists and
> the like. Do you have any other ideas? Please let me know off-list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Harrison/FlibberTGibbet

If I had that domain, I'd pay to keep it.

* Prevent systemd trolls from getting control of it

* Put up useful auxiliary information

* Put stuff that isn't in the package system, but is useful

* Put howtos

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21