:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie …
Página Inicial
Autor: David Hare
Para: Joel Roth
CC: dng
Novos Tópicos: [DNG] Intel: was Unofficial Devuan Jessie Beta Live Minimal
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Jessie Beta Live Minimal
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 01:46:20AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>> David Hare wrote:
>> > This and similar live iso's only work here in qemu with e.g. " -m 384".
>> >
>> > My hardware can't handle kvm.
>>
>> Even running as root?
>>

>Well, it should be sufficient to

># chmod 666 /dev/kvm

>in order to provide kvm support to regular users.

>My2Cents

/proc/cpuinfo must show the vmx flag to use kvm. Here it does not and
there is no option in bios to enable it. Older Intel core2.
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Processor_support

Never mind, I can still use qemu as far as the iso's menu otherwise
boot them fully and usably with "findiso" from grub.