:: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Beta Li…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Irrwahn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Beta Live Minimal -- UPDATE
On Fri, 13 May 2016 12:28:24 +0100, Katolaz wrote:
> Dear Devuaners,
>
> I have worked a bit more on the unofficial minimal images of Devuan
> Beta. I have tried to incorporate all the comments I received, except
> those which would have resulted in a substantial increase of the
> image footprint.
>
> The updated stuff can be foud at:
>
> http://devuan.kalos.mine.nu
>
> We now have both amd64 and i386 images, and I have also included some
> info to run the images on qemu. If you happen to use those images
> successfully on another virtual machine environment, just let me know
> how you did and I can update the webpage with the relevant info.

<snip>

Hi Katolaz,

I did a *very quick* check of your live images on VirtualBox. Both
amd64 and i386 versions boot fine on a diskless VM created with the
"Debian (64-bit)" preset. I could log in, ping a machine on the
internet and perform a clean shutdown.

However, when I tried the i386 image on a VM created with the
"Debian (32-bit)" preset, I got the following error message right
after hitting enter on the boot menu screen:
| This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU:
| pae
| Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.

One minor cosmetic quibble for all cases: The boot menu looked
truncated. E.g., what presumably should read "(default)" read just
"(defa" instead.

HTH, HAND
Urban