:: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Beta Live M…
Página Inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] Unofficial Devuan Beta Live Minimal -- UPDATE
Dear Devuaners,

I have worked a bit more on the unofficial minimal images of Devuan
Beta. I have tried to incorporate all the comments I received, except
those which would have resulted in a substantial increase of the
image footprint.

The updated stuff can be foud at:

http://devuan.kalos.mine.nu

We now have both amd64 and i386 images, and I have also included some
info to run the images on qemu. If you happen to use those images
successfully on another virtual machine environment, just let me know
how you did and I can update the webpage with the relevant info.

This new version has support for framebuffer (but you can also choose
to boot without framebuffer support, if you like), locales, keymaps,
mouse (via gpm), and a few more utils suggested by some of you. The
cost is that both images are slightly larger than 250MB (that was my
target upper bound), but I hope you would forgive me for the
annoyance. I will probably work on trimming more fat to stay within
the quarter-GigaByte in the next few days.

I have also added both a list of packages with version numbers (as
required by jaromil) aside with the result of "dpkg --get-selections",
which can be readily used to replicate the experiment on any other
system (i.e., by dselect update && dpkg --clear-selections && dpkg
--set-selections < FILE && dselect).

My plan is to have a new release per week, if apt-get upgrade install
new packages, until we get to stable.

Comments, suggestions, and critics are welcome.

HH

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]