:: [DNG] Never again
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: [DNG] Never again
Hi all,

The last several years, with Debian, Lubuntu, Void, and Devuan Alpha, I
installed from either a tiny ISO or a network install ISO. Yesterday
and today, while installing from the Devuan DVD ISO, I was reminded why
I always did this.

I started this install last night, and it's still not finished. I've
installed Gentoo and Funtoo faster. The whole time, whenever the VM
hosted install wasn't waiting for input from me, it was taking over 90%
of one of my cores, and slowing my machine's progress.

If this thing isn't finished within 2 hours, I'm going to wipe my VM
clean and start over with a network install. And I'm never going to
install from a full ISO again.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21