:: Re: [DNG] Debian is dropping suppor…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Debian is dropping support for i586. Are we?
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 09:27:43AM -0500, Linux O'Beardly wrote:
> Aren't Rasberry Pis configured with ARM procs? If so, would dropping i586
> support have any effect whatsoever on it?

No. An ARM is not a 586. It could be one of the debian platforms
whose name starts with 'arm', of which there are several. armel?
armhf? or something like that. I'm told some of the ARMs are supported
by platforms that don't use the entire instruction set, thereby wasting
performance, but at least they do work.

-- hendrik