:: Re: [DNG] Debian is dropping suppor…
Página Principal
Autor: Don Wright
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Debian is dropping support for i586. Are we?
bcnjr5@??? wrote:

>On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 12:17:31AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
>>Reverting this in a derivative is possible, although it lands you pretty
>>much exactly in Raspbian's position.
>>
>>The result will be one-way compatibility: your packages will run on any
>>Debian-compatible system but importing from Debian or any other external
>>repository will require a rebuild.
>
>Aww crud... What's this about Raspbian?

I believe the original comment was comparing the soon-to-be unsupported
i586 arch to the RPi 1 and 2 which use a variant ARM processor that
falls halfway between the Debian armel and armhf distros. Thus Raspbian
is not compatible with Debian binaries from either arch and must build
and maintain their own packages - as would Devuan if i586 support were
to continue.