:: Re: [DNG] Installer console on tty2…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Don Wright
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Installer console on tty2?
KatolaZ wrote:

>On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 04:35:08PM +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>> Can you use Alt+arrow keys to change consoles? Or qemu's ”sendkey”
>> feature?
>>

>Oh, sure I can, and this is how I got around it. I was just suggesting
>that changing this "default" might be useful in some occasions, and
>could avoid a bit of frustration :) After all, there is no need to
>have the installer log on tty4, rather than tty2, except for
>historical "reasons" (i.e., it has been there since the new Debian
>installer was introduced back in the days, for no particular reason,
>AFAIK).

And since Alt-F4 for the installer log is so well-known and
well-documented, not least in messages that will show up when searching
for troubleshooting advice, the process of changing it to fix an
edge-case annoyance with a simple workaround should involve considerable
discussion and deliberation before choosing to throw away this
accumulated wisdom.

There are numerous options for the virtualization stack, and I haven't
seen anyone claim QEMU, with or without KVM, has the largest usage. Let
us not forget KVM (the virtualizer most often paired with QEMU
management) is a Red Hat property, with all that implies for the future.

The installer is a key component of Debian as a distro, and historically
has determined much of the "what and when" for a new release. Does
Devuan really want to further marginalize its potential user base by
maintaining a fork of this key component with behavior different than
upstream? --Don