:: Re: [devuan-dev] Release goals for …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: hellekin
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Release goals for Beta2
On 05/09/2016 01:58 AM, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to start setting some targets for the Beta2 release and a
> timframe. (I have some requirements that related to other projects I am
> working on, but nevertheless will be welcome in Devuan anyway as they
> will solve issues for other people).
>
> This list is my personal wishlist, so feel free to suggest other changes
> or deferrals, add your name where you'd like to help.

I can't think of any additions besides completing already open issues.

We need to choose how to handle milestones:

1. Either we reuse existing 1.0.0-beta milestone
2. Or we create a new one: 1.0.0-beta2 and reassign issues from beta
milestone to the new milestone as needed.

I'd go for 2. as it keeps the milestone and progress history.

The new milestone must be created as the group level so it cascades to
all projects. The following groups should have this milestone:
devuan-packages, devuan-for-review, devuan-infrastructure,
devuan-editors, devuan.

Probably the open issues not reassigned shouldn't be closed either.

> Packages to be forked:

Should we setup a protocol for this? I would think the following:

1. developer packages program in their own git (maybe on git.do).
2. package builds successfully. Developer opens an issue in
devuan-for-review pointing to their repository
3. package release team and users review the new package in
devuan-for-review
4. once the package is validated, it enters experimental...

(would it make sense to overlay the devuan-for-review packages into
experimental?)

> sane-utils     [centurion_dan]
> lightdm        [unassigned]
> gvfs        [centurion_dan] - needs workflow for importing from svn

> network-manager [centurion_dan]
>
> Packages to be updated/fixed/completed
>
> desktop-base            [centurion-dan]
> clearlooks-phenix-purpy-theme    [centurion-dan]

I still have a leafy green "Jessie" boot screen after grub has kicked
in. Is this covered by these two packages?

> devuan-cd (forked from debian-cd) [centurion-dan]

Anything related to Refracta's live CD scripts?

> Infrastructure additions/upgrades:
>
> mirror master and push mirror scripts [centurion_dan]

Package mirror scripts?

> amprolla to use diff changes to avoid re-processing the entire packages
> [nextime]

> bugtracker server [unassigned]

I think the task here would be to integrate Gitlab and Reportbug. I'd
like to talk with the Gitlab people and see if they share this interest.

> popcon server - website [unassigned]

A Devuan-specific frontend for popcon?

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/