:: Re: [DNG] nfs mounts in fstab
Top Pagina
Auteur: David Kuehling
Aan: Steven W. Scott
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] nfs mounts in fstab

> FYI, If anybody is having trouble getting nfs mounts in fstab to work,
> have a look at /etc/network/interfaces and make sure your interface is
> defined there - I've been trying to figure out why mine wasn't working
> for the past few days and found the only thing in interfaces was lo.

I recently had the problem that NFS mounts would sometimes hang for many
minutes during boot (via IPv6+ipsec on VLAN, never saw these problems
with IPv4). Default Devuan/Debian configuration seems to mount NFS
directories from the if-up.d scripts at network activation:
/etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs (but waits until the last non-lo network
device is brought up, before attempting mounts).

By setting ASYNCMOUNTNFS=no in /etc/default/rcS (see 'man rcS') I
changed the behaviour to do NFS mounting via sysvinit,
/etc/init.d/mountnfs.sh. Now these hangs are gone, but I don't have a
good explanation for why that happened. Mounting NFS via
/etc/init.d/mountnfs.sh may not be a good idea for laptops, though.

Have you tried to experiment with mount option 'bg' (see 'man nfs')?
Can you send a snippet of your /etc/fstab (and maybe
/etc/network/interfaces?).

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7 7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F