:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
On Wed, 4 May 2016 09:54:37 -0400 (EDT)
Rob Owens <rowens@???> wrote:

> [...]

Not "one true way", but "it's what we have right now, let's not mess
with it.

> and that all others must be modified to work around
> sysvinit -- an init system that you/we are actively attempting to make
> obsolete (eventually) by way of providing all these alternatives.

The other inits should have had the good sense not to entangle
themselves with sysvinit, and in fact most of them did have that good
sense, so for them this is a moot point.

At this point I'm not sure that *any* init system other than sysvinit
puts its daemon starting code/config under /etc/init.d. But if there is
such an init system putting its stuff under/etc/init.d, that's some
serious hubris. They could have taken their own namespace, but nooooo,
they polluted the namespace used by sysvinit for 30 years. If there is
such an init system, moving their script/config storage is actually
correcting a problem caused by the init system.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21