:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> writes:
> For whatever it's worth, I'm fully supportive of the idea of defaulting to
> a simpler init system such as S6, Epoch, Runit, you-name-it. I can't speak
> for anyone else, of course, but I tend to think the sort of people who are
> attracted to Devuan see the virtue of simplicity.

The main attraction of the sysvinit-based system is its simpliciy: While
init has a few features it could do without (eg, process management), it
mostly just invokes (configurable) external programs with certain
arguments in response to system state change requests. By itself, that's
flexible enough to implement anything on top of it (including the
'historically grown' init.d script thicket).