:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: Joel Roth
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 03:24:47PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > There's a small number of directories that are supposed to be on the
> > root filesystem, or otherwise available during boot. I believe /etc
> > and /bin are two of these.
> >
> > /usr is not. I suspect /var isn't either.
> >
> > init is supposed to be able to read /etc/fstab to find the others.
> > That's why /etc has to be on the root filesystem.
> >
> > So it is available for init-time configuration files.
>
> /etc is the right place for config files, and init scripts
> have historically lived there. I hope we can agree on at
> least this part!

I definitely agree on that, and I believe that having separate
directories for separate sets of init scripts would be ideal. But they
should definitely live in /etc.

PDSCE

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]