:: Re: [DNG] network-manager depends o…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: emninger
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] network-manager depends on libpam-systemd (Daniel Reurich)
It's a bit late, but in wicd you can use usb adapters (i did with a
ralink based one) or share wifi via ethernet. It's tricky, yes, but
with the use of scripts it can be done. At the time, i had a big help
from someone in the (german) ubuntu user forums.

Also: Ceni is an excellent ncurses based tool to administrate network
connections (it's based on dhcpd and wpa_supplicant), more basic then
networkmanager and wicd ((who both, it think, there are not just
overlays but they use their own way to deal with the hardware; in fact
iirc they are not compatible with wpa_supplicant running (??) ).

At least, may be one should have a look at tinycore linux, how they
deal with the network connections (i have it running on a small old
netbook and it is really smart and easy, although it does not start
automatically on boot the wifi connection).

May be someone more expert knows. In any case, with some tweaking, it
should be possible to offer good viable alternative to network-manager.

Cheers!

Am Mon, 02 May 2016 04:19:07 +0000 schrieb
dng-request@???: