Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 16:32 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2016 10:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

> Because OpenRC has seen fit to intermix their init scripts
> with sysvinit's in /etc/init.d, I'd suggest that any files needed by
> OpenRC be kept somewhere besides /etc/init.d.

Hi Steve,

We had a patch where openrc in debian was openrc.postrm and openrc.preinst was
used to to divert update-rc.d + invoke-rc.d files to not conflict with the init-
system-helpers scripts: update-rc.d and invoke-rc.d, see dpkg-divert. That is
the solution used by file-rc. Currently systemd, sysvinit-core and openrc use
the method of cooperating with the scripts update-rc.d and invoke-rc.d in the
init-system-helpers package. Which is your preferred solution, we can go either
way.