:: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
On Tue, 3 May 2016 09:12:26 +0200
parazyd <parazyd@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 02 May 2016, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> > Is there a summary of some sort explaining the various init
> > systems, how they're put together, how they work, and especially
> > the salient points on which they differ?
>
> Perhaps this as a short intro:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Comparison_of_init_systems

For some reason I can't begin to fathom, the preceding link ignores the
existence of all the daemontools-inspired inits:

* Runit
* S6, s6-rc
* nosh
* perp
* Suckless init + daemontools-encore

I can't help this reminding me of Lennart Poettering's statement that
systemd is better than Upstart and sysvinit, as if no other
alternatives existed.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21