著者: poitr pogo
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [DNG] OpenRC and Devuan
IMHO i would expect package init scripts for default init system to be part
of a package (binary,base, etc) and scripts for alternate systems to be in
separate package(s).

Of course all residing in single src package maintained by the devuan
package maintainer.

Someone who decides to use alternate init is in some sense on his own, but
has all available scripts in packages so can install them.
Or the package for alternate init system can provide helper tools to
install available packages and even inform the user which packages have
missing scripts for selected alternate init system and have to be provided
manually.

So several init systems can coexist with one beeing more priviledged than
others.

Some enthusiast may even provide single package with all available optional
init scripts for all applications. Whatever suits.
Several options, one default with strict rules.

Regarding handling init scripts for different inits, the only hard moment i
can imagine is the time when devuan comes to decision to select new init
system as a default one.

But even then it will probably happen with a new release.
So all packages will be recreated including by default init scripts for new
system. And moving old sysvinit into separate, additional package, making
sysvinit optional.

--
Regards
piotr