:: [DNG] Feedback on 1.0.0 Beta DVD-IS…
Página Principal
Autor: Gordon Haverland
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] Feedback on 1.0.0 Beta DVD-ISO
I downloaded the "magnet" via torrent, and a day or so later I am still
getting little drabs of uploads to do.

I decided to burn the amd64 DVD ISO, and try it. Xfburn worried me a
little, as it showed the buffer emptied at least once while burning (I
have 3 BOINC jobs, including one BOINC job using the GPU running on
that machine).

The DVD does boot in another machine. Picking the graphical rescue
choice to boot, the first screen of stuff I was presented with, was
choice of language for doing the install. At which point, I bailed.

At some point, I have 3 amd64 based computers to install onto:
 1) amd64 - 64 bit image running Debian-jessie
 2) amd64 - 32 bit image running Debian-jessie, to be upgraded to 64
    bit image and testing, so that I can try and compile the KDE speech
    recognition stuff and possibly the RPi speech recognition stuff.
 3) gentoo -amd64 with 64bit image.  I am tired of arguing with gentoo.

The machine I wrote from, is 1. The machine I booted on, was 2. It is
my intention to do that first install onto machine 2, which is a dual
boot with M$ and not too big of a disk. I will mount extra disk space
for compiling KDE stuff.

But, the few images I seen looked nice.

Gord