:: Re: [DNG] network-manager depends o…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Daniel Reurich
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Betreff: Re: [DNG] network-manager depends on libpam-systemd
On 02/05/16 12:01, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 07:56:09PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 12:40:34PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
>>> Hi All.
>>>
>>> I've completed the upgrade to Devuan Jessie Beta over Debian Jessie on
>>> both my laptop and desktop. Nice work!
>>>
>>> I use Network Manager on my laptop. It is configured for the networks I
>>> attach to most frequently and allows a seamless connection when
>>> tethering to my Android phone via USB. So shoot me!
>>
>> I use wicd instead of Network Manager, in devan jessie. I don't know
>> if it will talk to your phone over USB, but might it be worth a try?
>
> As far as I know, all these network managers and the like are front
> ends to the same underlying low-level system components. You may find
> that they share the same connection data base.

wicd only deals specifically with the wifi/ethernet case. There is no
capability or plugins I've found for wicd to provide management for vpn
connectivity, bluetooth or usb-serial connectors.

I could be wrong on that of course, but I didn't find a solution for my
vpn needs with wicd when I looked.

Regards,

Daniel
--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.