:: Re: [DNG] cloud
Página Principal
Autor: Hughe Chung
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] cloud

How about cloudnine?

Fuller was one of influential figures that changed my perspective about
technology. Cloud Nine is a concept of floating building in the air.

Part Four, Critical Path, R. Buckminster Fuller, 1981, p336 – p337

Cloud Nine Floating Tensegrity Spheres

In 1958 I saw clearly the progression of technical events altering all
odd engineering concepts regarding the relative increase in the overall
weights of structures – and designed my sky-floating tensegrity
structures, which I call “Cloud Nines.”

A 100-foot-diameter, tensegrity-trussed, geodesic sphere weighing three
tons encloses seven tones of air. The air-to-structural-weight ratio is
two to one. When we double the size so that the geodesic sphere is 200
feet in diameter, the weight of the structure increases to seven tons
while the weight of the air increase to fifty-six tons – the
air-to-structure ratio changes as eight to one. When we double the size
again to a 400-foot geodesic sphere – the size of several geodesic domes
now operating – the weight of the air inside increases to about 500 tons
while the weight of the structure increases to fifteen tons. The
air-weight-to-structure-weight ratio is now thirty-three to one. When we
get to geodesic sphere one-half mile in diameter, the weight of the
structure itself becomes of relatively negligible magnitude, for the
ratio is approximately a thousand to one.

-----

Subject     Re: [DNG] cloud
 From     Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???>
To     dng@???
Date     2016/05/01 01:00
Mailing List     Post
Jaromil <jaromil@???> writes:

[...]

     Can you come up with an alternative to 'cloud' which keeps generic,
     since cloud-init is not openstack specific?

Stormbringer?